Wednesday 9 October 2013

Hospital pictures *making light of a crappy situation*



(I have edited all the following images for no other reason other than to present them in a cleaner, more aesthetically pleasing way)

One of my lovely friends sent this to me on day 2 of my Hospital Stay. 
I know I laughed at first, I'm just not sure if I cried after....


                           
Whilst in hospital, I was understandably upset being away from Luke, Master 4 and Miss 3.
I knew the end result would be the kids going back to their Dad's before I could spend any time with them, and this made me incredibly mopey and pouty.
So, in an effort to cheer me up, and let me know they were all thinking of me, my wonderful Man sent me this picture -

                  


Their still-pajama-clad little frames and silly faces really did brighten my day - they are my home.
I responded to their image with a silly face of my own -

                              
This image is bought to you by every duck-face-try-to-look-cute-and-sexy teenage girl ever.




The second night in Hospital was probably the worst for me.
Although meltdown-free, unlike the first, there was what seemed like an endless stream of things sent, just to annoy me. (I am well aware that in saying this, I sound like a self obsessed tool with a God complex, assuming the Universe revolves around my somewhat spherical self...But I did mention in my previous post that mass pain = mass bitch in the book of Tara, and if you cant complain when you're pained and in hospital, when can you?)

I had actually been fooled into being hopeful about the ward's menu. One dinner option was titled 'Vegetable Medley', and I had legitimately become excited. A little sad, I know, but I love vegetables, and 'medley' suggested multiple veggies. There was no information on how this dish was to be prepared, so I had no knowledge of whether my dinner would be steamed/blanched/fried or sliced/diced/julienned - a surprise it would be!
A surprise indeed! I present to you, my dinner;

                                       

That, ladies and gents, looks like a tiny polystyrene bowl filled with the type of 'vegetables' you get in a sachet alongside the seasoning in a cup of 2 Minute Noodles. They were served almost cold, still slopping in a few Cm's of water, and overcooked...yet I still ate them. But then again, I'm pregnant, I eat everything. Plus, I eat when I'm angry. I'm the person that goes, "Argh! You seriously piss me off! Fuck this, I'm getting a burger!"  
 
Not long after dinner, it was lights off, therefore 'sleep time' suggested.
I was fine with this, I was laying in bed playing Solitaire on my phone, whilst trying to think of a movie to quietly play on my laptop. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep till my next dose of Endone, which was  in a few hours, so I was planning ways to amuse myself until then.

All of a sudden, the woman in the bed across from me was alerted by her volume-turned-up-to-point-of-ear-bleed mobile ringtone. You're meant to have your phones on silent after lights out, and normally I wouldn't care, but this thing was super loud, and I knew from experience that her phone calls last forever.
For roughly an hour, the noise would alternate between her loudly screeching into the mouthpiece about life in hospital, then bickering in general, then a string of "Hello? Hello?! Can you hear me? You've gone all quiet! Hello?!", then she would hang up, the ringtone would blast out again, and the whole mess would resume.

I am not an artist, but this moved me to draw, and then send the following sketch to my Man -

                
That's me. I am using my weirdly long arms to punch her in the throat. 


But you've read the previous post, you know I end up going home the next day.  Thank God.




Once at home, I was helped to the bath, and had the laptop, my book, a water bottle, and some snacks set up on the small table beside me.
Peering between the gap between the bath and the table, I was reminded of someone else who I had greatly missed while in hospital -

                 
My kitty. My purring ball of love - Squish <3 


I'm so happy to be home, and since like any hospital visit, mine was greatly unpleasant, I really hope I've bought a few chuckles and smiles to you all :)



No comments:

Post a Comment